Part of our security features will depend on the role you play in protecting yourself from fraud. We ask you to adopt some basic practices in your due diligence to prevent any breach of your security. These practices should be:
- Guarding your password to protect your online account information. This password should be a combination of letters, numbers and symbols and should be changed on a regular basis – every 60 to 90 days. Short family names and birth dates are not a good idea for passwords. Longer combinations are the best bet for security.
- Remember to log-off Internet Banking and close your browser when you finish your transactions. This will prevent other from accessing your information and using it at a later time.
- Do not share your Internet Banking Customer ID or Password with anyone.
- Beware of the many Internet “phishing” scams that request information about you. Only provide information to websites that you initiated. P&C Bank will never call or email you requesting personal, identifiable information. If you feel you have received such a call, please hang up and call our bank at 229-336-5271 to verify the caller.
- Install protective services to your computer like firewall software and anti-virus programs. Upgrading these items often can help in the defense in computer data destruction.
- Do not open e-mail or attachments from unknown sources.
If you feel someone has accessed your information, click here to learn how to report identity theft and fraud.